Skincare Update - It's been almost a year!

Friday, June 2, 2017

Hello! I know it's been forever and just like clockwork, I'm back to blog in the summertime. There was a certain desire that overcame me to get back into blogging once more and although I have no idea how long it'll last, I want to make the best of it. For my first return post after almost a year, I wanted to give an update on my skin and the products that have impacted me so much! I think it's fitting since my last post was about skincare and I'd like to give an update since some stuff has changed.

Updated Skincare Routine

Cleanser: My cleanser has changed and so has the number of times I wash face every week. For starters, this cleanser from First Aid Beauty is scent free and really gentle. It's a wonderful cream formula that doesn't dry my skin out at all. My Paula's Choice cleanser started to dry me out quite a bit so I made the switch to this and my skin feels great. I usually buy the small 2oz size from Sephora because I have started washing my face once or twice a week and that's it so it lasts me quite a while. Some people don't believe me when I tell them that but it's true! I have started to let my natural oils work their magic and my skin feels and looks the best it has in a long time. 


Exfoliator: This has stayed the same - my tried and true Pixi Glow Tonic.  This is my usual AHA exfoliator but I have cut down the use because I was prescribed a Tretinoin cream from my doctor that I used a lot more instead of this. More about the cream can be found here. This medication absolutely changed my skin - it stopped my pimples and really sped up the exfoliating speed of my skin. In three months, my marks faded an incredible amount. I will say that getting to the point of my skin being as clear as it is now took a lot of work. My skin flaked SO much and went through some really rough patches while using the cream. I used it every night and stuck through the rough patches. It was so worth it and if you have the opportunity, I would highly suggest talking to your dermatologist about what it best for your skin because they really do know what is best. 


Moisturizer: This has also stayed the same - During the day, I like to use a moisturizer with at least SPF 30. I've been using the Olay Moisturizer with SPF 30 and I absolutely love it. It doesn't break me out and it absorbs pretty quickly. At night, I've been staying faithful to my Josie Maran Light Argan Oil. This is my go to moisturizer for when my skin really needs some lovin and it makes my skin so soft and supple. I highly recommend it!


        

As always, I will add to not only wear SPF every single day but also to love yourself and your skin no matter what shape it is in. You can have the clearest skin in the world and still not be happy if you don't love yourself. Going through this process of battling the pigmentation and acne, in general, has really taught me to just care for myself and love myself so SO SO much. Yes, my skin is doing great and it's almost as clear as it was before I hit puberty but above that, I'm happy. I'm happy with myself and that's something that has been a long time coming.

xx


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs