My Favorite Products for Oily/Acne Prone Skin

Saturday, June 18, 2016

I'm past my teen years but I still struggle with Acne. For a while I was so discouraged because no matter what I would do, acne would still pop up on my face. It wasn't until I started using the following products that I really began to see a difference. My acne has slowed down and I've started to notice my skin clearing up quite a bit. The product are as follows:

1. Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Face Wash: This face wash is perfect for removing oil and gunk from your face and it's on the more gentle end of Salicylic Acid washes with 0.5% of the wash containing the medication. This wash doesn't dry my skin out and really controls my skin. I highly recommend!

2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 35: Sun Protection!!!! This moisturizer is so great because it provides protection from the sun which is incredibly important for healthy and youthful skin. What I love most about this is that in addition to being non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores), the moisturizer has a very faint SPF smell despite having a great amount of SPF. Another perk is the lack of perfume and lack of oil. Even my oily skin has no problem with this moisturizer.

3. Josie Maran Light Argan Oil: Honestly, this oil has been amazing for me. I was always one of those people who was afraid to put oil on my skin simply because my skin was already so oily. After doing a lot of extensive research, I found out that oil is needed by your skin and oil in fact stops your skin from producing the extra oil that clogs pores and causes acne. When I finally decided to purchase an oil for my skin, I was on the hunt for the best one. Do I get jojoba? Coconut? Pumpkin Seed?! I eventually ended up choosing a light argan oil from Josie Maran because it has a comedogenic rating of 0 and so many incredible reviews. I was not disappointed! After using it, my skin has started to feel so much softer and I've stopped producing extra oil in my T-Zone. This is an investment that is totally worth it.

4. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: I love Origins - their products just make my skin feel so good. After doing research( I have to learn the ins and outs of the product before I buy it...every single time), I decided to get this charcoal mask to use once/twice a week depending on my skin. Charcoal is a natural ingredient that is able to dig down and clean pores which makes it a great thing to use to really get a clean feel. I really love the way my skin feels after putting the mask on and it's a mask I plan on purchasing again.

5. Clean & Clear Dual Action Skin Moisturizer: This is another moisturizer that I really like. It's non-comedogenic, oil free, and leaves a nice cool feel to my skin. The only difference is that it contains salicylic acid which helps calm down any bumps that pop up on my skin. I reach for this as my night moisturizer so that the salicylic acid can fight through the night to keep my skin as clear as possible.

6. Biore Complexion Clearing Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser: Now this is a cleanser that I've been using for about two years and I love it. It's much stronger than the Aveeno Cleanser that I use in the morning. It contains about 2.5% salicylic acid and really does take all oil and dirt off your skin. It's important to use this with a great moisturizer because it does have the potential to dry out your skin even though it hasn't personally dried out my skin. It's gives a really cool and refreshing finish which I really enjoy.

In addition to the products above, I'd like to give a shoutout to Clean and Clear's Persa Gel 10 which is a Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment that has helped me tremendously. I attack any skin issues with a combination of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid and it has worked perfectly for me!

Do you have any favorite skin products? I'd love to know in the comments below.

xx







No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs