What to do - Summer 2016 in NYC

Saturday, June 11, 2016



I've been lucky enough to live about 20 minutes (with good traffic!) away from New York City pretty much my entire life and every summer, I really look forward to spending a good chunk of my time in the place that never sleeps. Here are a few things that I am personally looking forward to as the weather gets warmer:

PsychoBarn


The Met's Rooftop Garden - I've always been a fan of movies and this exhibition spoke to my heat. Every year, certain artworks are commissioned for the Met's rooftop garden and this particular exhibition is called PsychoBarn which is an ode to the large-scale replica of the home featured in Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 horror film Psycho. To me personally, this is fascinating and I can't wait.
Panorama

Randall's Island Park- Panorama has got me screaming out of excitement!!! This Coachella-like music festival features some of my favorite artists (Kendrick Lamar, Daughter, Sia, Jai Wolf, A$AP Rocky to name a few) and it's so underrated. I can't wait to get my groove on and hopefully get blessed by some sweat from Kendrick (can you tell I'm a little in love). 

The Cloisters



Upper Manhattan- Surprisingly, this beautiful place is an extension of The Met and is a getaway in the city. This gorgeous garden area is especially known for it's European architecture, sculpture, and decorative art. In addition, the Cloisters also offer special program and really fantastic views of the Hudson. European getaway here I come.

New World Mall


Flushing, Queens-  Okay so I'm cheating a little bit on this one because it isn't technically in New York City but instead in Queens. However, this is something that I definitely wanted to put on this list because I love food and I love good prices. New World Mall is the largest East Asian mall on the East Coast and it consists of a 30,000 sq. feet supermarket, an amazing food court, and even clothing stores. What I am looking forward to the most is the authentic Asian cuisine at fantastic prices.

What are some of your anticipated summer plans?

xx 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs